Getting Started To Be Licensed
Please complete the following forms so we can begin the licensing process. Feel free to contact Andy Jelliffe (email@example.com) at the District Office if you have any questions. When these steps are completed you will be invited to the District Office for your accreditation interview.
In order to be an official worker with the Metropolitan District you will need to complete the following steps:
- Background Check – Please download the Authorization Form, fill it out, and return it to the Metro District Office via email or regular mail, so we can do a background check. This is standard procedure for every worker.
- I-9 Form – Please download, fill out, and return pages 7-8 of this I-9 Form to the district office via email or regular mail. Please be sure to include the appropriate form(s) of identification as indicated on the form (pg. 9). Please DO NOT fax the forms since the ID(s) never come through clearly.
- Official Transcript – Please contact your college/seminary and request your official transcript which indicates your Bible/Theological/Ministry training (30 credits minimum) be sent to the Metro District Office, PO Box 7060, Newark, NJ 07107.
- Church Letter – Please have your church governance authority provide a letter to the district with the following request for licensing: official request indicating the start date and what position you as candidate will be appointed to fill. Candidate’s ministry description should include: position, accountability structure, compensation, hours expected to work (20 hrs/week minimum), and key ministry responsibilities. If you are not yet connected with a church, please contact your Regional Team Leader (North, South, Urban) to provide a letter (you may use the same authorization letter link).
- Plan to register for and attend an Alliance Polity & Pastoral Ethics Course when next scheduled (more info to come).