Getting Started To Be Licensed
Please complete the following forms so we can begin the licensing process. Feel free to contact Becky Daniels (email@example.com) or Andy Jelliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. When these steps are completed you will be invited to the district office for your accreditation interview.
In order to be an official worker with the Metropolitan district you will need to complete the following steps:
- Background Check – Please download the Authorization Form, fill out, and return it to the district office, so we can do a background check. This is standard procedure for every worker.
- I-9 Form – Please download, fill out, and return this I-9 Form to the Metro District Office via email or regular mail. Please be sure to include the appropriate form(s) of identification as indicated on the form. Please DO NOT fax the forms since the ID(s) never come through clear.
- Official Transcript – Please request that your official transcript which indicates your Bible/Theological/Ministry training be sent to the Metro District Office, PO Box 7060, Newark, NJ 07107.
- Church Letter – Please have your church governance authority provide a letter to the district with the following request for licensing: official request indicating the start date and what position the candidate (you) will be appointed to fill. Candidate’s ministry description should include: position, accountability structure, compensation, hours expected to work, and key ministry responsibilities. If you are not yet connected with a church, please contact your Regional Team Leader (North, South, Urban) to provide a letter.
- Identify a Ministry Coach. This person needs to be a licensed C&MA worker with whom the candidate has a good connection and to whom the candidate can be accountable on a regular basis. Meeting at least once a week for coaching is optimal, depending on schedule demands.
- Complete a Personal Growth Plan – Based on your credentialing report, develop a Personal Growth Plan [PGP] on the 5 Core Characteristics of an Alliance Worker. Once completed, set up a meeting with your coach to start working through the Action Steps of the PGP. Regular meetings should be set up to ensure accountability for moving forward. Make sure the District Office and your coach has a copy of your first year PGP.
- Register for Alliance Polity Course if not you have not already completed it. Please email your course registration form to the Metro District Office (email@example.com).
- Declaration of Intent – Please complete the online form indicating your intent of which preparation track you would like to pursue: Church Ministry Worker, Ordination or Consecration. You can explore the licensing categories here.