Ordination & Consecration Requirements
The Christian and Missionary Alliance Board of Directors has set a national set of requirements for Ordination and Consecration. The Metro District LO&CC has been charged with their implementation and to ensure Ordination or Consecration is entrusted to called and qualified ministers of the gospel. If you have any questions please contact your Regional Team Leader or the district office.
Prerequisites: See Church Ministry Worker Requirements
Identify a Church Supervisor – A church supervisor is an Ordained or Consecrated Minister in your church of ministry who supports and advocates for your Ordination/Consecration and oversees your role in the church. You will meet with your church supervisor for quarterly evaluations.
Complete 6 Ministry Modules:
- Savior Module: Next Date - Jan 24, 2019
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Office: Christ our Savior with Soul Care & Identity Practicum
- Complete the Savior Short Answer Exam online
- Read the Heart of the Gospel
- Sanctifier Module: Next Date - April 25, 2019
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Office: Christ our Sanctifier with Spirit & Empowered Ministry Practicum
- Complete the Sanctifier Short Answer Exam online
- Read Wholly Sanctified
- Healer Module: Next Date - Oct 3, 2019
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Office: Christ our Healer with Healing Practicum
- Complete the Healer Short Answer Exam online
- Read Gospel of Healing
- Coming King Module: Next Date - Jan 25, 2018
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Office: Christ our Coming King with Preaching Practicum
- Complete the Coming King Short Answer Exam online
- Read A Basic Guide to Eschatology
- Complete 2 Preaching Assessments
- Church Module: Next Date - April 26, 2018
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Office: Church with Management & Development Practicum
- Complete the Church Short Answer Exam online
- Read Church Development Book (TBA)
- Missions Module: Next Date - October 4, 2018
- Attend 1 day seminar at District Conference: Missions with Culture & Diversity Practicum
- Complete the Missions Short Answer Exam online
- Read Mission of the Church Book (TBA)
- Global (or Local) Engagement Trip: Meet with the Metro Missions Mobilizer (Paul Keidel) to create a plan to engage in Metro Mission 1:8. Email Paul to set up a meeting: email@example.com.
Bible Reading – Read through the entire Bible.
Cohort Participation: Participate 6x a year in an assigned cohort with other ordination & consecration residents
Completion of a Written Examination – Please contact the District Office to schedule the examination. 2016-2017 Dates: Oct. 5, Jan. 18, April 5, July 19, & Oct. 4.